Frequently Asked Question
Staff should not login to multiple chromebooks for updating as it can lock google accounts for suspicious activity! (Chromebooks should auto-update but it is always good practice to check and verify prior to testing.)
You can use this visual link on a projector and have students update the Chromebook before testing if needed:
- At the bottom right, select the time.
- Select Settings.
- On the left, select About Chrome OS.
Under "Google Chrome OS," the current version of the Chrome operating system the Chromebook is using.
- Select Check for Updates.
- If an update is available, it will start to download automatically.
- After the download is done, select Restart to finish the update.